This, my friends, is the look of........ we just had another kid..... we're home by ourselves... what do we do now...

Although I love my children more than anything in this world, and I hope to have more someday, they are a lot of work, and take up a lot of time.
These are the reasons I babywear...
1. To keep my sanity. My children are 22 months apart, which really isn't that bad. Both of them are extremely active. And I knew I needed to come up with a way to take care of both my children, myself, our home, and my wonderful hubby.
2. To show both my children that I love them. Wearing my children allows me to cuddle, snuggle, and love, all while still taking care of the house, the other child, or myself. I can teach the toddler to roller skate, while keeping my baby close, and safe.
3. To help me through depression.. I am not even going to pretend that I have bad depression. But postpartum depression is a thing, and there are days when I am depressed. Some days you want to just crawl in a corner, and stay there the rest of your life, but NOTHING is better than snuggling close to your little ones.
4. To keep them out of trouble. I know that it is possible to live life, and take care of things without babywearing, because I have done it. But I will say that babywearing makes life SOOO much easier.
Exhibit A: not having to change muddy pants, and shoes.... (I had to put the baby down to pick up a tantrum-ing toddler, and this ensued...)
Exhibit B: not having to deal with water all over my floor, a soaking child, or worse case a drowning child.....
The floor was successfully mopped, and child was dry and safe...
....and then napping, so I made cinnamon rolls!!!!
5. To teach them. When children are up at your level, they are seeing, hearing, and smelling the things that you do. They learn how to interact with people, by seeing face to face how you interact with people. They learn how to cook, do the dishes, fold the laundry, because they are up there, they can see you do it. They see the world around them, instead of the ceiling while laying on the floor, or looking at everyone's knees, while strapped in a car seat or stroller.
Yes is it possible to do those things without babywearing, I did it for waayy to long. But it is so much easier to not have to.
My life went from this at dinner time......
To this......
Babywearing benefits both the caregiver, and the child.
For the caregiver babywearing provides exercise, is convenient, creates a bond, helps with communication, and makes you confident in your abilities to do things.
For the child it provides security, worn babies are happy babies, it promotes physical development, and mental development.
But if you don't believe me.... ask the professionals...
Why do you babywear???? Leave a comment and let me know!!! I'd love to hear!!






No comments:
Post a Comment