Here is a Soft Structured Carrier.. There are a lot out there.. these just happen to be the two I own.
I tried to post a video of me showing you how to wear a ssc.... but... It turns out I don't know how!! haha So I will figure that out, but in the mean time here are some probably better videos done by Wrapping Rachel. I will work on my video skills, and maybe get some videos out... haha
Front carry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7CyUF44u7Y
Hip carry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UDpYzwRPY
Here I am wearing my oldest child...
I have a short torso, so when I wear my babies :'( toddlers on my front they are kind of all up in my business.. haha that's why I prefer to wear them on my back.
And as you can see they sit higher on my back then they do on my husband.
If you are familiar with wrapping... you generally will not get you child as high on your back in a SSC as you will with a wrap.
I like my SSC because they are really simple, and easy to put on. (they don't have quite as big of a learning curve as wrapping). I have noticed though that they are kind of like pants. Different carriers fit different people differently... (how many times can I use that word???) that is when your local lending library comes in handy!!! Our SSC is the only carrier that my husband will wear, and I like using them to go hiking, because I care less if they get dirty compared to my wraps. There are Reasons though that I like my wraps over my SSC and i'll go over those later!




No comments:
Post a Comment